Thursday, April 17, 2014

Rain, Rain Go Away

Well crap! The German Shepherd Dog Club's shows are this weekend and the weatherman says this is what we have to look forward to:
 
 
Fortunately the rings are covered, but staging is going to be crowded. And I don't even want to think about the parking lot. We were definitely hoping for a better forecast. Weather aside, Jedi and I will be busy all weekend.
  • Tomorrow we're showing twice and will be up against 37 other German shepherds -- there are 18 dogs, 18 bitches and two champions competing for Best of Breed this weekend. As I stated last week this will be our last time in the ring for a few months. I hope we end on a good note.
  • Saturday is the Temperament Test. I'm still a little nervous about that. The test will be held in an open field. Lets hope the rain decides to hold off for a bit.
  • Jedi gets to stay at home on Sunday. Hubby and I, however, will be working the Southeast Regional Futurity/Maturity shows. I have never seen one of these before, let alone work one. I'll tell you all about it later.
Normally I'd be a little stressed out right now. Truth is, I'm just too damn tired. I started the day by spending a hour and a half at the DMV renewing my driver's license (ugh). Then I groomed Jedi all by myself this morning: ears, nails, teeth, brushing, washing, conditioning and blowing dry. I've been running errands all day too. [Note to self: next time take an extra day off!] I still need to iron my show clothes, pack my tack box and load up the SUV. Besides our regular show stuff (crate, tack box, cart, leash, show clothes, etc.) we're bringing miscellaneous stuff for the show: coolers, tarps, pooper scooper, buckets, bleach, PA system, pop-up canopy and raffle items . . . oh and the dog. Can't forget him!

Wish us luck. And if you happen to be anywhere near the St. Johns County Fairgrounds stop by and cheer us on, OK? We could use the support. -- K

P.S. I lied. I'm stressed out right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment