Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thoughtless Gucci

It's Thoughtless Thursday. Have you given any thought to the word "thoughtless"? Dictionary.com defines it this way:

  1. Lacking in consideration for others; inconsiderate; tactless: a thoughtless remark. 
  2. Characterized by or showing lack of thought: a shallow, thoughtless book. 
  3. Not thinking enough; careless or heedless: thoughtless of his health. 
  4. Devoid of or lacking capacity for thought.
 
Kelley's Dog Blog defines it this way:
  

 
This is Gucci. We got her when we were stationed in Japan. My best guess is that she's somewhere around 17 years old. 
 
Gucci has gotten very demanding in her old age. She'll take food off our plates when we're not looking, she climbs onto my computer when I'm blogging, and she barges into the bathroom when I'm . . . well, when I'd rather be alone. Her latest thing: she wants to sleep with us. Correction, she wants to sleep on us, and protests -- loudly! -- when we move. She may only be 8 pounds, but my hip (or back, or leg) starts to hurt after a while. The minute I try to reposition myself she shrieks out "MEEEOOOW!" This happens a dozen times a night.
 
We've resorted to locking her out of the room at night. But she's sneaky. She'll hide in the bedroom until we go to sleep, and then climb into bed with me and Hubby. She's continually waking us up with the most annoying meow on the planet. She also screams if Jedi looks in her direction, usually just as I'm starting to drift off. Eventually one of us wakes up enough to throw her out. I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in days. I'm exhausted, but Gucci doesn't care. How thoughtless is that? -- K
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment