Saturday, July 5, 2014

Sepia Painting?

It's Sepia Saturday! Where has the week gone? Today's submission was done entirely on my phone. The picture was so-so. I cropped it, changed it to sepia and framed it. I still thought it was mediocre. Then I found the oil painting filter. Much better!
 
 
I've had painting on my mind lately. There's a place here in town called Yes You Canvas! where they take untalented people like me and guide them through a painting. You go home with a finished product that actually looks like something recognizable. A former boss of mine went and she loved it. The entire class paints the same thing, so you pick the date based on the subject. I haven't found anybody who wanted to go with me on the days that there was a subject I found appealing. I was about to give up, but then a group of friends found a similar place -- also here in town -- where you paint your own pet! It's called Painting With a Twist and I really want to go! They only offer the Paint Your Own Pet once a month or so, and the next one isn't good for my schedule. GRRR. However, if when I get to go, I promise to share.
 
 
And speaking of sharing . . . IT'S SEPIA SATURDAY! Hop around and see what goodies others have in store for you today. TTFN, -- K
 
P.S. Is anybody else familiar with these types of places? Do you have a painting you'd like to share? I'll show you mine if you show me yours . . .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment