Saturday, October 4, 2014

Friday Finds....on Sepia Saturday?

Guess what day it is! Nope, it's Saturday. This week's Friday Finds was pushed back a day to celebrate Jedi's birthday yesterday. Yep, that was fun. But don't worry, Roxy and I still found some fun stuff to share.

Roxy is constantly licking her paws. I always assumed it was a nervous habit, then I saw this article from Dog Tube. Say Goodbye to Itchy Paws! said her itchy paws could be from "a buildup of allergens and toxins in the environment." Oh no! Now I feel horrible! The article also said that soaking her feet in Povidone-Iodine Solution might help. I found an 8 oz. bottle of Povidone-Iodine Solution at Wal-mart for $6. I'll let you know if it helps. Meanwhile, if any of you have tried it, please let me know.

I was so sad to hear about the passing of Dr. Sophia Yin on Monday. She was definitely an inspiration to veterinarians, animal care professionals, trainers and pet owners worldwide. I've linked to her articles several times. There are dozens of moving tributes to her online. On Tuesday it was announced that Dr. Yin had hanged herself. What a tragedy. In light of this announcement Jessica Dolce posted Depression and Suicide In Animal Care Professions: What Can We Do? This is a very thought-provoking post. And it hit close to home for me. I can tell you that nearly all the animal control officers and shelter workers I know drink too much, smoke too much, and/or are on anti-depressants.

October 1-7 is National Walk Your Dog Week. Jedi and I have been trying to walk more (despite the rain) and joined the Walk Your Dog Week Celebration Hop where different pet bloggers share information, tips and photos to help inspire everybody to grab a leash and go. Click on the link to see my post and links to the hop. A few of the other posts offer a contest as well, so click away! Cesar's Way had a great dog walking tip this week. Check out How to Fit the Dog Walk into Your Daily Schedule (this is a problem in my house for sure!)

Are you feeling lucky? This week we found TWO awesome contests! Do you need a first aid for your dog? The All Things Dog Blog has five Kurgo First Aid Kits to give away here. And Keep the Tail Waggin is giving away a gorgeous Levian leather leash here. Let me know if you win!

Here's a picture that a friend posted on my Facebook page:


It's hilarious because I get sniff-searched daily. The dogs have even pulled my dirty uniforms out of the hamper to get a better sniff. I tried to explain to Jedi that Mommy has to touch other dogs to pay for his cookies, but somehow that just sounded wrong.

And since it's Sepia Saturday, I'm going to show you what it looks like when Jedi doesn't want his picture taken (which is more often than not):

 
Thanks Buddy. And thank you dear reader for muddling through my crazy, mushed up Friday Finds/Sepia Saturday combo post. Things will be back to normal next week. Promise. Until then, check out all the fun stuff that other people are sharing on this Sepia Saturday. -- K
 


No comments:

Post a Comment