Thursday, May 28, 2015

Alpharetta Bound

Well, we're going to try it again. Last week I sent in the entry form for two more conformation shows. This time we're going to Alpharetta, Georgia (just outside Atlanta). The German Shepherd Dog Club of North Georgia is hosting two Specially Shows in June. Just like German Shepherd Dog Club of North Florida shows last month, both shows are going to be held on one day, one AM and one PM. It's all German shepherds, all day! Cross your fingers we do well. Also, they're offering the temperament test that Jedi and I missed out on last year.
 
Dear Judge, Pick this one!
This will definitely be the farthest that we have ever traveled for a dog show. I'm a bit nervous. Jedi is not a fan of car rides (seriously, what's up with that?) and I'm worried that my old Expedition won't make it there and back. It's been kind of squirrely lately, and I haven't had the time (or money) to get it looked at. I had thought I was going with a friend but those plans fell through. So tomorrow -- in between errands, chores and various social obligations -- I need to check out hotels and rental cars and see if I can find Hubby's travelling mechanic friend. UGH. There are just not enough hours in the day.

So, wish us luck. I promise to keep you updated. And if any of you happen to be near the Wills Park Equestrian Center in Alpharetta on June 6th, come by and say hi. I'd love to see a friendly face. See you at the dog show! -- K


Hey, it's Thoughtless Thursday! (And yet Kelley can't stop thinking --typical.) Hop around below and see what others are thinking -- or not thinking -- about today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment