Saturday, February 9, 2013

Puppy K Grad

We did it! Last night Jedi and I graduated from Puppy Kindergarten. We were able to sit, down and stay. We can also (sorta) walk on a loose leash and (kinda) come when called. Fortunately this was Puppy Kindergarten, not Puppy Grad School! Jedi also performed his tap light trick for everybody. After an hour of "tests" Jedi's focus was shot, so this is the best picture we could get. I cropped out my friend holding a cookie. Can you guess where she was standing? Now we're going to work in earnest on conformation training. I bought a show lead from Cherrybrook Pet Supplies and we're gearing up for The Greater Orange Park Dog Club Fun Match on March 16th. If all goes well (or at least not horribly bad) we'll sign up for our first dog show! I'm excited and nervous all at once. There will be pictures, promise. And with that, it's time to go walk the dog. Later, -- K

2 comments:

  1. Phil, Dad, and I all think he is beautiful, and astonishingly BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dog shows are something you just have to jump in and do! It's okay to be a 'new dog, new handler'. :)

    ReplyDelete