Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dutton Island Preserve

It's been 10 days and 5 posts since I shared a picture of my dogs. What's gotten into me? With statistics like that, I'll never reach the status of "Crazy Dog Lady!"

Here are a few pictures I took of Jedi earlier. Isn't he just gorgeous? It's hard to believe he's only 5 months old -- today! BTW, Jedi poses for photos. It's easy to get a picture of "Noble Jedi." It's much harder to get "Goofy Jedi" -- the one that I actually live with!

 



 
These pictures were taken at Dutton Island Preserve. It was cold and overcast when we went, so the colors aren't as vibrant as I would like. Dutton Island is a beautiful park in Atlantic Beach tucked up against the Intercoastal Waterway. It's a great place to walk with your dog. There are several nature trails, a fishing pier and a canoe/kayak launch. Parking is decent, the terrain is relatively flat (no major hiking!) and there are picnic tables sprinkled throughout the park. A couple warnings though:
  1. The yellow flies can be relentless in the warmer months, so take bug spray, and
  2. KEEP YOUR DOG ON A LEASH. Animal Control patrols this park often, and I'm told that the brunette ACO is a real bitch!
Other than that, pack a lunch, grab your leash and have a good time. -- K

P.S. Hold your hate mail. I'm the brunette ACO. And yes, I will write you a ticket if your dog is off leash. On the flipside, if your dog is on leash, I'll give him a cookie. I keep Snausages in my truck. (Not such a bitch after all, hunh?)

3 comments:

  1. What a looker is jedi. Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jedi takes after his human mom.
    Ask me for details.

    ReplyDelete