Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Finds #12

It's Friday! I love Fridays because this is the day that I share all the articles, posts, pictures and videos that made me think, made me laugh, or made me scream out loud over the past week. (Yes, I scream at the computer screen on a regular basis. Jedi is worried about me.) Anyway, I hope you enjoy this week's goodies as much as I do.

I went to a dog event last weekend and we had a terrible dog bite. I don't know the all details, but a woman brought her dog to the show to be "evaluated" and dog bite the evaluator in the face. Witnesses said that the dog had shown signs of aggression in the parking lot. Others stated that the evaluator leaned over the dog and got into it's face (NEVER a good idea with strange dogs). All club members are in shock and wondering what could have been done to prevent it. Two days later I read this great post from Dr. Sophia YinHelp, My Dog Bites! How to Deal with Dogs Who Bite is a must-read for everybody.

Dogs Naturally has an interesting article about Three Things Every Dog Owner Should Know About Antibiotics. Honestly, doctors have been saying the same thing about human antibiotics for years.

Have you heard the story of Chaser, a border collie that knows the names of 1000 objects? It's fascinating. Modern Dog interviewed her owner in Build Your Dog’s Vocabulary. Neil Degrasse Tyson explores Chaser's intelligence in this short video. Are you as amazed as I am?

And under the category of "Things I Don't Want to Know First Hand" Kimberly at Keep the Tail Waggin' shared How to Remove the Anal Gland Scent from Your Sofa. Yes, gag. But good to know just in case.

Regular readers know that I LOVE puzzle toys. I have spent waaay too much money on puzzle toys. But Jodi over at Kol's Notes says I can do it myself. Really? Check out DIY Treat Toys to Keep Your Dog Busy for details.

Regular readers also know that I am not crafty, but like to pretend I am. One of my favorite sites for these delusions of grandeur is Sew Doggy Style. When I saw a pattern for a DIY Recycled Pocket Poop Bag Dispenser I squealed with delight. Then I promptly sent the pattern to my uber-crafty mother (apparently the crafty gene skipped a generation).

And finally, I'd like to share a cartoon that had me giggling all day:

Thanks to Kol's Notes for sharing this. It's nice to know there are other twisted people out there. See you here next week. -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment