Friday, December 12, 2014

Let's Go Dog!

It’s Christmas time and everybody is out looking for that “perfect gift.” Want to know what a blogger wants more than anything? Readers! We sit in front of our monitors and pour our hearts out in hopes that someone – anyone – will notice. A comment or two can make our entire day. Pamela over at Something Wagging This Way Comes (one of my favorite pet blogs) came up with a great idea: The Pet Blogger’s Gift Exchange. Pet bloggers were randomly paired up “to share compliments, encouragement, and linky love with each other” through their blogs. This year I was given Let's Go Dog and I'm not ashamed to say I'm loving the hell out of this blog! Leah is a Worst-Case-Scenario, Worry Wart, borderline Control Freak (hey, it takes one to know one!) who wants to travel more with her beautiful dogs, Zack and Zoe. Instead of being paralyzed by fear, she asks "What's the worst that can happen?" and goes from there by:
  1. Identifying the problem
  2. Planning a course of action
  3. Preparing and/or practicing
Leah shares the process and what she learns along the way. I can't tell you how exciting this is for a Worst-Case-Scenario, Worry Wart, borderline Control Freak like me.

Zoe on the left, Zack on the right
This is a new blog and I had never seen it before. The first post was published only eight months ago, but I wouldn't have guessed that. The clean, clear, properly punctuated and grammatically correct posts (Grammar Nazis notice these things!) scream experienced, professional blogger. Let's Go Dog is well laid out and very informative. It's free of the page clutter seen on the blogs of so many newbie bloggers. Each topic is well thought out with links to even more wonderful information for info junkies like me. I strongly urge you to grab a cup of coffee, give the dogs a Kong and plan to get lost in the Let's Go Dog blog. May I suggest:

First, take a moment to read the About Us page. Leah shares a little about herself before telling Zack and Zoe's adoption stories. Zack's puppy pictures will melt your heart.

Carabiner for Dog Safety. This post had me screaming "OMG, why didn't I think of that?!" I take the dogs to Sonic regularly. The routine has always been grab collar with one hand and unhook leash with other. Using one hand, wrap leash around the table leg, thread the hook through the leash handle and rehook to the collar. Leah uses a carabiner and her dog is secured in half a second and is never unhooked from the leash. I feel like such an idiot.

DIY Dog Bottle Game -- Travel Version. Again, simple but genius! Complete with step by step instructions.

Hiking With Dogs and Snakes Part 1 and Part 2. I like to hike with my dog too, but am afraid we'll run into a snake. What if Jedi gets bit? What if I get bit? We've got all kinds of mean, creepy snakes here in Florida. Leah breaks it down, including links to fascinating videos and additional articles. Snakes are still creepy, but not so scary anymore.

Packing Lists Make Dog Trips Happen. I, too, am a list maker (I have an app for that!) and found myself agreeing with this entire post. For added fun, check out Leah's Dog Travel Checklists on Pinterest.

Leah also shares her experiences with canine medical issues including Zack's hip dysplasia and Zoe's epilepsy. Like all Leah's posts, these are full of information and ultimately take the scariness out the subject.

I am so thankful that the Pet Blogger's Gift Exchange introduced me to this blog. What a gift that was for me! I hope you take the time to see what I mean. You won't be disappointed. Promise. -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment