Friday, June 12, 2015

Espree Paw Balm

Jedi and I were horsing around the other day. He pawed at me and I noticed that his pads were really rough. The same day a Facebook friend had reposted a warning about dog paws and hot asphalt. I try to keep Jedi inside when it's hot, but he still walks on hot cement and asphalt occasionally. I'm sure that it would be best if he had healthy, supple pads to protect his feet. To achieve that, I thought I'd get a dog-friendly pad moisturizer for him. Surprisingly, that wasn't as easy as I thought it would be! We have multiple pet stores here and apparently this is not a popular item to carry. I eventually found Espree Paw Balm at Petco. I'm not sure I like it.

Pros:
  • It wasn't overly expensive (about $9.)
  • Jedi's pads were noticeably softer after one application.
  • It comes in a small, convenient tin.
Cons:
  • It's greasy. I thought it would be more like a wax.
  • It smells weird -- kind of like a cross between peppermint and eucalyptus. I'm sensitive to smells (they're a migraine trigger for me) and I don't find this one to be pleasant. 
I've noticed similar products online, many $20 and up. To be honest, the selection is a bit overwhelming. Do you use a paw moisturizer? Which one? And more importantly, do you like it?

And before I go, here's a quick reminder for us all:

Stay safe this summer! -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment