Monday, June 5, 2017

Awww...Ribbons

At the dog shows in April, there were several handlers who didn't want their ribbons, especially if the dog placed less than first. I picked up a bunch of red and yellow ribbons while cleaning up. It was sad. I hope I never become that jaded.

I keep all the awards Jedi and I have earned in a plastic shoebox. I would guess that the monetary value of the ribbons and rosettes is under $30 -- but the emotional value is incalculable. Each scrap of fabric is a reminder of a skill we had to learn, a puzzle we had to solve or challenge we had to meet. That box represents hundreds of hours spent bonding, time where an awkward handler and a clueless dog learned to work together. Sometimes -- especially after a difficult day -- I will sit on my bed and go through the box. It always brightens my mood.

In case you're counting, there are 60 ribbons and 3 rosettes. That's a lot of me & Jedi time!
How about you? Do you have a box of memories that always make you smile? A photo album that brings back good memories? Please share! Lord knows we can all use some extra happiness these days!

Want some more happy thoughts? Well you're in luck! It's Awww...Monday, where a group of bloggers come together to brighten the start of your work week. Click around below and see what others are sharing. Thank you Sandee for putting this together each week. Happy Monday! -- K


No comments:

Post a Comment